I worked in Senior Housing communities for 28 years. Daily I spent time with patients and families devastated by Alzheimer’s.
On one scheduled visit to a husband and wife’s home I found a tiny woman clad only in a thin nightgown clutching a teddy bear on the highway. She was completely helpless and unable to communicate. I had a gut feeling that she was the wife whose husband who had phoned me. I was very lucky to get her safely in my car. I drove to the house and the husband was not home. I phoned the police and we waited together. The husband was out searching for his bride. His bride had left home on more than one occasion. Caring for someone 24 hours a day is impossible to do alone. When he slept from the pure exhaustion his bride simply walked out of the house.
- In 2014, 46.2 million Americans were age 65 and older. Half of all older adults had less than $22,248 annual income from all sources.
- Average Cost for a secure community with quality programming is $6500.00 monthly
- Average Cost for 24-hour care at home is $13, 440.00 monthly
- 5.1 Million Americans have Alzheimer’s
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia related disease
- Every 66 seconds someone in the USA develops Alzheimer’s
- In 2015 18.1 billion hours of unpaid care was provided by a spouse or adult child
- Family caregivers spend more than $5,000 per year caring for their loved one with Alzheimer’s
- For some that means missing a vacation
- For others that means going hungry
In 2016 Alzheimer’s and other Dementia’s will cost the nation $236 Billion Dollars
Statistics came from Alzheimer’s Association www.ALZ.org
To change this and allow families to afford care for their loved ones, our fund will be forever funded by Great Jobs Health Care Job Site.
- 25% of each ad placed on our Job Board will go directly to the care of those with Alzheimer’s.
- 30% – job board for processing and managing all of the backend functions
- 30% – Advertising and Promotion
- Taxes, Expenses, Staffing
For Donations: Passionate about serving seniors. Give up one coffee drink & make a $10 donation to make a difference today!http://fb.me/2iXPJv8xm